Thursday, December 16, 2010

Homemade Birdseed Ornaments

Chris is a lover of birds and enjoys filling up feeders to see all the colorful birds come into our backyard.  The girls and I decided that making a homemade birdseed ornament would be a perfect gift from the kids to their Daddy.  After searching for ways to make homemade bird feeder ornaments I found this.

I figured I better test it out before trying it with the kids and I am very glad that I did as I had to make some quick changes in the 'mold' that I used and ended up making a sizable mess in the kitchen.  I finally settled on small bowls that we had in the house but I will likely try the dollar store for a cake mold that will look like a wreath for the present.  I will aspire for our birdseed wreath to look as lovely as Stephanie Lynn's but until then this is the ornament that I tested today.

I cut up a straw and placed it in the birdseed while it set in the fridge so that we would be able to string up the ornament.


And here it is hanging on one of our evergreens.  It turned out pretty well!  I'm looking forward to seeing how the wreath will turn out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...