Sunday, December 19, 2010

Science Fun

I have been enjoying the science books by Janice VanCleave.  The experiements are quick and interesting.  Often they are a little to much for my 7 year old to understand so I do have to sift through them to find the age appropriate ones. 


The kids really enjoyed watching a regular egg have it's shell disolve and then grow larger and larger while in a jar of vinegar for 3 days and then watch the same egg shrink down in size while in a jar of corn syrup.  I had Sarah and Jillian write and draw their observations so they felt like official scientists. 

Some of the experiments that I have planned for us include such kid friendly titles as: Foamy Nests, Fooling your Tongue, Cold Foot and Plop.  It's interesting how I veer away from ones that I have no interest in such as anything about Astronomy.  I'll have to make a point to do some of those so that my lack of excitement doesn't rub off on the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...