Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Scribble Cookies

I suggested to Matthew that we make Scribble Cookies as his Christmas gifts to his classmates in the 2's program he attends.  I think the name sounded really cool to him so he agreed.  We have made these before with all the leftover bits of crayons that accumulate but since these are to be gifts we used a box of new crayons.


First we removed all the paper wrapping from the crayons and then I let Matthew come up with the color palette by choosing 3 crayons for each cookie (next time I think I would use 4 crayons/cookie to make them a little thicker).  I snapped each crayon into pieces and put them in a 250 degree oven (works best if the muffin tin has been sprayed with non stick spray).  We baked them in the oven until the pieces were almost all completly liquid.  Then I removed them and let them set on the counter for a bit before popping them in the fridge for a final set.




Here is the finished product!  I think Matthew did a great job designing his scribble cookies for his friends!  He was so proud of the final result and so were his sisters who each wanted to keep some for themselves.



Next I just have to package them with a festive gift tag and he is all set to hand them out on his last day of school before Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. These are so neat! I will definitely have to try this with my kids--and we have a heart shaped muffin tin, which I think would be super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...