Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Food Day

Valentine Breakfast, Lunch and Snack!

These heart pancakes were very cute but really messy to make.  I put them in a cake decorating bag and squeezed out the batter.  While I was making them Chris said, "Why don't you just make regular pancakes and cut them into hearts with your heart cookie cutter?"   Ummmmm, I don't know why I didn't think of that before I had the pancake batter spilling all over the counter.  I will remember that for next time!


 This cute heart-dog I saw in the Valentine Family Fun magazine.  They turned out great and the kids thought they were awesome.  It's simply a hot dog, cheese cut into arrow shapes and a pasta noodle.


We had lots of of white chocolate chips left over from all the peppermint bark we made over Christmas so we made some Valentine Pretzel Sticks for snack.  I melted the chocolate in a double boiler and used a spoon to pour the melted chocolate on the pretzels.  Then the kids sprinkled them with Valentine sprinkles and we popped them in the fridge to cool.  Be sure to place them on parchment paper or they will stick to your plate. 





Snack time was very quiet as the kids enjoyed their treat. 

YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...